Additional Chief Secretary, Punjab
Secretary, Finance Dept., Punjab
Secretary, Higher Education Dept., Punjab
Secretary, School Education Dept., Punjab
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) is an initiative of the Government of Punjab under the leadership of Chief Minister, Mr. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif. In order to make it more efficient, transparent and autonomous in its functioning; PEEF is registered under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) was initially established with seed money of Rs.2 billion , which has now been raised to Rs. 13 billion. The Govt. of Punjab has allocated another Rs. 2 billion for the FY 2014-15. Only the investment proceeds out of this fund are utilized for the award of scholarships.
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund is established with the objective of providing scholarships/monetary assistance to talented and needy students for pursuing quality education with equal opportunities. PEEF endeavors to bring best educational opportunities to the less privileged and talented youth of Punjab, and bring them at par with the most fortunate ones
PEEF is a proactive scholarship scheme which provides funds at the doorstep of the talented and deserving students. Allocation of these scholarships is on the basis of Tehsils and District wise results of students. More focus of these scholarships is towards the sixteen (16) less developed districts, especially from southern Punjab. Special quotas for orphans, children of BS1-4 govt. employees, disabled, minorities and widows have also been allocated. Bright and needy students of other provinces AJK, FATA, Gilgit Baltistan & Islamabad Capital Territory have also been provided opportunities for higher education through this program. PEEF so far has awarded more than 100,000 scholarships.
PEEF is registered with:
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under section 42 of Companies Ordinance, 1984
- Federal Board of Revenue under sction 10 of Finance Act 2001.
Since the commencement of its operations in 2009; PEEF has so far awarded more than 100,000 scholarships worth more than Rs. 5.5 billion.
- PEEF has been established with the objective of promoting academic excellence by providing financial support to talented students to help them to realize their potential. This program envisages developing the overall personality of students and creating a critical mass of talented students that will contribute to the development of the society.
- Creation of a critical mass of talented youth for the development of society.
- Supporting the less privileged and best students of PBTE, other provinces - including AJK, FATA, ICT & Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Identification and support to extremely marginalized students through special quotas.
ISO CERTIFICATION 9001:2008
Chief Minister, Punjab / Chairman (PEEF)
Vice Chairman (PEEF) / Executive Director, Akuwat
MNA / Minister of State for Education, Trainings and Standards in Higher Education
MNA / Minister of State for Information Technology
MPA / Professor LUMS
Former Judge / Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of Pakistan
Chief Operating Officer Punjab Health Care Commission
Govt. of Punjab
Chairman PITB, (Ex-officio)