The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) is an initiative of the Government of Punjab. In order to make it more efficient, transparent and autonomous in its functioning, it is registered under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
The company was registered on 31st Dec. 2008 and an initial endowment fund was established with a seed money of Rs.2 billion. The endowment fund has now been increased to Rs. 8 billion and the Govt. of the Punjab has pledged to raise the endowment fund to Rs. 10 billion during the current FY 2012-13. Only the investment proceeds out of this fund are utilized for the award of scholarships.
PEEF is established with the objective of providing scholarships to talented and needy students for pursuing quality education with equal opportunities. The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund endeavors to bring best educational opportunities to the less privileged and talented youth of Punjab, and bring them at par with the most fortunate ones and is striving to achieve the following objectives:
- Scholarship for talented and less privileged students to bring them at par with the more fortunate one's
- Creation of a critical mass of talented youth for the development of society
- Identification and support to extremely marginalized students through special quotas
- Supporting the less privileged and best students of PBTE, other provinces - including AJK, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan & Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT)
Since the commencement of its operations in 2009; PEEF has so far awarded more than 41000 scholarships worth more than Rs. 2 billion.
- PEEF has been established with the objective of promoting academic excellence by providing financial support to talented students to help them to realize their potential. This program envisages developing the overall personality of students and creating a critical mass of talented students that will contribute to the development of the society.
- Creation of a critical mass of talented youth for the development of society.
- Supporting the less privileged and best students of PBTE, other provinces - including AJK, FATA, ICT & Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Identification and support to extremely marginalized students through special quotas.
Secretary, Finance Dept., Punjab
Secretary, Higher Education Dept., Punjab
Secretary, School Education Dept., Punjab
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under section 42 of Companies Ordinance, 1984
- Federal Board of Revenue under sction 10 of Finance Act 2001.
ISO CERTIFICATION 9001:2008
Chief Minister, Punjab / Chairman (PEEF)
Vice Chairman (PEEF)
Operating Officer Punjab Health Care Commission
Secretary Finance, Punjab
Secretary Higher Education Dept., Punjab